New Vista promotes the Family Home Provider (FHP) model as a positive living situation for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Family Home Providers are caring, compassionate people who share their home with an adult who has IDD. Individuals with IDD have a private bedroom to call their own and shares communal living spaces with the FHP and family members. New Vista strives to ensure individuals with IDD become an integral part of the family, meet their person-centered goals and participate in their community - all while living their best life.
Some of the FHP responsibilities are;
- Providing assistance with activities of daily living,
- Transporting individuals to and from medical appointments,
- Ensuring daily routines and valued traditions of the individual in their care are incorporated.
Family Home Providers are compensated in the following ways;
- $95 per day of residential services provided,
- $500 each month for room and board,
- $1,000 sign-on bonus for each client served - up to three clients in one home,
- $1,000 annual bonus for each client served - up to three clients in one home.