When a Level of Care (LOC) is needed urgently, the DCBS worker may request that the case be declared an “emergency” by DCBS Central Office (SOP 4.11.25). However, these requests should only be used in emergency situations.
An emergency LOC may be obtained when the LOC is needed urgently for a placement.
- The DCBS worker requests the “emergency” designation from DCBS Central Office. CRP cannot accept emergency LOC requests directly from DCBS workers without Central Office approval.
- Email Angela Winkfield at [email protected] or
- Email Kristin Breeden at [email protected] or
- Call 502-564-2147.
- Once CRP receives the emergency request from Central Office and all materials have been received from the DCBS worker, CRP will assign the LOC within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
- An 886A completed in the last 30 days is the only document required for an emergency LOC. No Screener or supplemental tool is required when the LOC has been approved as an emergency by Central Office. Once approval for emergency designation has been received, the required document(s) may be submitted through TWIST (per SOP 4.11.2).
- Once the LOC has been assigned, CRP will notify the requester and send a copy of the level to the Billing Clerk.